Thursday, April 10, 2014

SURPRISE GIFT...or... WHO INVITED YOU?

Ember brought me a "gift" a couple of weeks ago. It all happened so fast I thought at first he had a bird in his mouth...I swear I caught a glimpse of feathers. It all happened in a flash, he came in.... I saw... I yelled...I ran for the broom (?) and Ember opened his mouth and released a big lizard. Yes...lizard! Which of course ran under my freezer. Uggh! During these past two weeks I have caught flashes of the lizard as it goes from freezer to stove to pantry. I have heard scratchings and rustlings but have never been quick enough to catch it. I've left the outside door open most of the day hoping the reptile would find it's way out. And don't you know...Ember has completely ignored the creature since he dumped it on me. (the little wretch!)

Yesterday I heard faint scratching on the window and looked to find a beautiful lizard on the window ledge.
I opened the door a little wider and then reached for the lizard......"blink" ....it was gone!

I never saw it move but it went outside.  I know that because Ember was chasing it....again

I got a real good look before it ran and after checking online I find it is a Desert Spiny Lizard.

My guest was not as brightly colored as this photo so probably was female or a very young male. And the "feathers" that  I saw? Look at the head and neck.


'Just hoping that your guests don't end up under the appliances.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear tales of your travels and suggestions as to places to see.