Saturday, March 10, 2012

Bee update

The bee swarm doesn't seem to planning a move anytime soon. I have left the lid off the box, the sun is shinning on it most of the day and last week we had strong winds with gusts 40 mph and more. You would think the bees would have been blown away. But no, the tenacious little creatures are still in the water valve box and busy building a new comb. **sigh** I have tried getting someone to come collect them, take them away....please! But I haven't even had one return phone call. No, I do not want to becaome a bee keeper as some have suggested....I don't even like the taste of honey.


UPDATE on the Update: 20 March 2012
I avoided going near the bees, hoping they would decide that living in a plastic box in the ground wasn't the best for them.  After waiting for 2 weeks for assistance from a bee collector I checked on them one evening and found all of them lying in the bottom...dead. I swear no one poisoned them. Perhaps the weather was wrong, perhaps the bugs caught a "bug". I'm sorry they died but I have to admit that I am relieved that the problem was solved for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear tales of your travels and suggestions as to places to see.